University of Pretoria, South Africa – the leaders in project management
This practical, well-established Project Management course has been designed to develop project management knowledge, skills and insight. It equips delegates with the tools and techniques necessary to succeed in project management. The course is based on international standards and best practices. The programme in project management is also filled with local content to ensure its relevance in South Africa. The department responsible for the academic aspect of this programme is a registered education provider (REP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the USA
- Obtain a certificate in project management from one of the top 500 universities in the world and leaders in project management training
- The project management education of choice of several large employers, including ones listed on the JSE
- The PPM is well-known by employers: an estimated 7000 people attended one of more than 130 intakes since 1997.
- Practical skills development; both employees and employers benefit from practical assignments done in the workplace
- Lecturers with extensive practical experience in industry
- Taught to a large extent by the same lecturers that teach Africa’s only masters’ program in project management that is accredited by the Global Accreditation Center of the PMI (USA) (More about the masters’ program)
- Based on internationally accepted standards and practices
- Suitable for all sectors of business and government
- Earns Project Management Institute PDU’s and ECSA CPD points
On successful completion of this course, and an endorsement from University of Pretoria, suitable candidates may be eligible to apply for the professional designation of Project Manager (PM) conferred by Project Management South Africa (PMSA). PMSA is the SAQA recognised professional body representing the interests of project managers across sectors.